Thursday 26 July 2012

Melbourne Marriott Essence Restaurant Food Poisoning

The planned activities and hedonism for today after lunch had to be delayed. The lunch that I consumed at Essence Restaurant at the Melbourne Marriott hotel caused me to fall ill and ultimately take refuge in various pub toilets. I have written to the Marriott Melbourne and articulated my concerns and I await their reply.

*edit*

About one week after e-mailing both the hotel and the general manager, the food and beverage manager sent me an e-mail. He did not want to discuss the e-mail that I sent but he reference the post on this site as the cause for why he wanted to have a chat. After responding to his e-mail saying I am happy to chat, and I was happy to be alive after I was food poisoned, no further contact was made.

The second part of this two part posting, including the e-mail that was sent to the Melbourne Marriott, including the General Manager, can be found here.

Essence Restaurant at Marriott Melbourne

Essence Restaurant at Melbourne Marriott
Link to review
Lonsdale Street  Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9660 1183
http://www.marriott.com.au
My Rating: 8/20
Service: 3/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Quality: 0/5
Value For Money: 2/5
Comment: Became sick after eating the seafood

Twitter: @epicurean3006
e-mail: epicureanofsouthbank (at) gmail (dot) com
web: www.epicureanofsouthbank.com

After making edits to this post and republishing it on 14/09/12, I refreshed the statistics from Urbanspoon and found that 71% of the (28) reviewers on that site liked Essence Restaurant. Perhaps the typical standard hotel food is just fine but I would suggest steering clear of the seafood!


Essence Restaurant at Melbourne Marriott on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment