Friday 17 August 2012

"Best Of" Melbourne Restaurants and Bars after 47 Days and 47 Posts

In preparation for the weekend, I wanted to do a summary of my "best of" experiences as they relate to restaurants and bars that I have discussed on this blog since its conception 47 days ago. These lists do not include restaurants that I had previous experience with before I started writing this blog.

I have some lofty goals for this blog over the next 47 days. Although I have been to Vue de monde, Attica and Cutler & Co multiple times in their own right, I want to visit them once more before compiling a blog post. The post for Vue de monde has been a work in progress for some time since I had the best meal of my life there however that was enjoyed at their old location at 430 Little Collins Street and not Rialto Tower. If my wallet and liver can hold out, I will also return to Jacques Reymond which was the highlight of my dining experiences in 2011 also. Besides the big guns of Melbourne, also keep an eye out for Grossi Florentino, Bavarian Bier Cafe, Yar, The Local Taphouse, Matilda Bay Brewing Company and Merrywell.

The "Top 5" Restaurants that I have discovered in the last 47 days...

1. Cumulus
2. The Atlantic
3. Mamasita
4. Maedaya
5. Bistro Guillaume

Honourable mention needs to go to The Bohemian at South Wharf though.

The "Top 5" boozers that I have discovered in the last 47 days...

1. Bar Americano
2. The Den
3. The Waiting Room
4. Rooftop Bar
5. Ponyfish Island Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment