Links on this page will take you to my review of the restaurant.
Restaurant of the Year: Vue de monde
Melbourne Three Hat Winners
Vue de monde, Attica, Jacques Reymond
Victoria Regional Three Hat Winner
Royal Mail Hotel
Melbourne Two Hat Winners
Flower Drum, Cutler & Co, Stokehouse, Matteos, Cafe Di Stasio, Ezard, Movida,
- Cutler & Co is rated #4 in Australia according to Gourmet Traveler
- The Press Club is currently closed and will re-open as Gazi on 17 May 2013.
Loam, Ten Minutes By Tractor, Tea Rooms of Yarck, Stefano's, Lake House, Provenance
- Ten Minutes By Tractor gained an additional hat this year
- Loam will close permanently at the end of June 2013.
- Newly hatted: Albert Street Food and Wine, Easy Tiger, Pei Modern, Moon Under Water
- Embrasse closed in October 2012
A la Grecque, Chris’s Restaurant, La Petanque, Scorched, Neilsons, Eleonore’s, Villa Gusto, The Long Table, Teller, Annie Smithers’ Bistrot, Montalto, Bella Vedere, The River Grill, Gladioli, Sunnybrae and Terminus at Flinders Hotel.
- Newly hatted: Terminus at Flinders Hotel
Samsung Diners Choice Award: Ezard
Best New Regional Restaurant Award: Gladioli
Brown Brothers Wine List of the Year: Coda
Louis Roderer Sommelier of the Year: Travis Howe of Coda
Best Regional Wine List: Ten Minutes by Tractor
Citibank Chef of the Year Award 2013: Micheal Ryan of The Provenance
Young Chef of the Year: Mark Briggs of
The Citibank Best Short Wine List: Casa Ciuccio
The BYO Restaurant of the Year: Ladro Greville
The Epicure Sustainability Award: Colin McLaren from Villa Gusto
Thermomix Award for Innovation: Joost Bakker
Service Excellence Award: Ainslie Lubbock from Pei Modern